Judging by these photos, urban hellscapes mean different things to different people.
For some, it means a run-down city that has seen better days.
For others, that term refers to a place that’s just too overcrowded and congested.
Hey, to each their own, I guess…but I think we can all agree that none of these places look extremely pleasant.
Let’s take a look at the evidence.
1. A little too close comfort, I think.
People are really packed in there.
2. Tucked in right under the highway.
The old meets the new in Italy.
3. Just take a long look at that.
Hard to believe it’s even real.
4. Going through some tough times in Beirut.
Remember that crazy explosion from a few years ago?
5. Still offering prayers in the dirty water.
These people sure are dedicated.
6. This is totally wild.
It’s amazing how fast development can ramp up.
7. Welcome to the neighborhood.
I guess it doesn’t look that bad…just kind of confusing.
8. All sandwiched in around San Francisco.
Not a whole lot of room left to build in that city.
9. Look at the inequality.
Life in India.
10. A close shave.
Right next to the highway, I mean.
11. Looks kind of depressing to me.
Or, as this person said, “bleak.”
12. Another snapshot from India.
People have it pretty tough over there.
Have you ever been to a city or a country that really opened your eyes…and not in a good way?
If so, tell us about it in the comments.
We’d love to hear from you!