As an author of more than two dozen books, I can tell you that book dedications are only fun for the first five or six. After that, unless you have someone specific to thank for that particular book, there really aren’t more people in your life that need or want such a public thank you.
Which is why many authors I know simply forgo them after so many books. But I gotta say…after scrolling through these amazing dedications, I think it’s time to up my game. I mean, creativity for the win, am I right?
15. This is SUCH a dude dedication
14. In the end, this is really the only reason to write a book
12. Easiest way my sweet patoot
11. Modern-day dedication
10. So much truth
9. This is every author’s dedication to their mother
8. That kid, man
6. A man after my own heart
5. Joan Rivers was effing hilarious
4. Don’t be rude to an author. We never forget.
3. Every creative person owes this particular debt to someone
2. This made me snort
1. Not on purpose, anyway
h/t: Bored Panda
Love Humans of Tumblr? We’ve got more!