Everybody has pet peeves, annoyances that always get under you skin no matter what mood you’re in. But the problem with a pet peeve is that it’s petty–in other words, the irritation is small enough that you might question whether it’s even worth getting angry about. Sometimes, what’s endlessly aggravating to you might seem perfectly reasonable to lots of other people. If you complain about it, you risk looking like a jerk.
Well not today! Recently, writer Alex Segura asked people to share their pettiest pet peeves on Twitter. People had a lot of pet peeves, and here are 15 of the best responses. So go ahead and indulge your inner Larry David. This is a pet peeve safe space.
1. This should be a fineable offense.
2. And this should be a felony.
3. Honestly, we could do a whole list just about grammar.
4. OK, here’s one more: preposterous apostrophe use.
5. No respect for reading.
6. Shopping cart chaos.
7. Wait, you don’t want me to track dog poo everywhere?
8. Basic question etiquette.
9. Ungrateful drivers.
10. It’s a zipper, people. A ZIPPER!!!
11. The unnecessary check-in.
13. Schools shouldn’t just teach Driver’s Ed. They should also teach Walker’s Ed.
14. Communication breakdown.
15. As an Internet writer, I just can’t relate to this one. At all. Nope. No siree Bob. (Cries.)
h/t: Bloomjoy Collective