It’s happened to everyone who’s gone to the movies. You’re enjoying the latest blockbuster, when all of a sudden something happens that feels familiar, and not in a good way. Moviemakers have been recycling the same ideas since movies began, and it can be so distracting you’re taken completely out of the movie.
Recently, linguistics professor Rory Turnbull Tweeted an example of a cliché he’s sick of seeing. You’ve seen it countless times.
Turnbull’s Tweet prompted his followers to share their own least-favorite movie clichés. You’ll definitely recognize them if you’ve ever been to the movies. (via Bored Panda)
1. Only single people survive.
2. Not what writing is like, at all.
3. This cliché needs to be retired ASAP.
4. Every Mom is Martha Stewart on steroids.
5. Pretty much every teacher movie.
6. That’s not how video works.
8. We got a bogey!
9. Welcome to “Earth”
10. Eiffull of it.
11. Every sitcom ever.
12. Computer hacking doesn’t have to be hacky.
13. Basically, everything about childbirth is wrong.
14. Gotta look glamorous when you’re plating e Coli.
15. Has anyone in Hollywood actually been to a hospital?
h/t: Bored Panda