It’s gotta be tough going through life with a name that makes people laugh. Like being a urologist named “Dr. Richard Burns.” Brutal. The first question people usually ask when they hear a name like that is, “What were their parents thinking?” Do parents really fail to realize their baby’s name has a hilarious alternate meaning? Or does their love of the name supersede any concerns about its hilarity? Or are these parents just sadists? Your guess is as good as mine.
What we do know is that lots of people have funny names. Earlier this month, Twitter user @Fred_Delicious asked his followers to share the most ridiculous names they’ve encountered in real life. He kicked things off with an example of his own:
Ouch. Imagine going through life never being able to ask for talcum powder without cracking everyone up.
Mr. Delicious’s followers had plenty of responses, and they were even funnier than that one. Enjoy!
1. Did their parents even try?!
2. Please, my father is “Mr. Wiggins.” You can just call me “Mister.”
3. You won’t be able to put her down.
4. This is also the name of the next Parliament Funkadelic album.
5. This mustard doesn’t play by the rules.
6. Kinda sounds like a country song.
7. If you need to get rid of your Hamjacks, consider Goodwill.
8. You’re on the highway to the danger zone, pard’ner.
9. Hewwo, I’m hewe to fix your pwumbing.
10. Because Tweedledee and Tweedledum were taken?
11. Is his first name pronounced “Roossell?”
12. At least his name’s not Burger King?
13. Which movie do you like better, Man Bat Begins, or The Knight Dark?
14. Worst adult movie detective ever.
15. And we have a winner!
h/t: Bloomjoy Collective