Booking a hotel room is always a dicey proposition. We live in the Internet Age, and supposedly you can research a hotel before your stay to get a sense of what it’s like. But we all know that how a hotel looks online can be very different than how it is in real life. We’ve all showed up to a hotel only to learn that a “continental breakfast” is actually just granola bars and stale coffee. Or “smoke free rooms” is more of a suggestion than a rule. Or “working jacuzzi” is instead a “working jacuzzi that gives you MRSA.”
Here are 15 people who got burned by a truly awful hotel design. Next time you travel, bring a tent and a sleeping bag. (via Bored Panda)
1. Hope you brought a (waterproof) book.
The story: “My buddy traveled across the country to visit me last weekend. Unfortunately, he got stuck in his hotel shower for 3 hours. Shout-out to Julio for helping out a man in need.”
2. No diving. We mean it.
3. The dumb leading the blind.
The story: “The braille on this hotel bathroom sign isn’t raised.”
4. Here, you toast it.
The story: “A motel served me this breakfast tray for $15 and contains a toaster, and a 2L milk.”
5. Hate stubbing your toe at home? Try stubbing your toe here!
The story: This stupid doorstop is in the middle of the floor. Banged my foot on it four times today.
6. Shoulda been more specific.
The story: “Was told that my hotel room had a ‘courtyard’ view.”
7. At least the toilet is in a different room?
8. Do you ever feel like going to the bathroom isn’t enough of a challenge? Here ya go.
9. That’s one way to reduce the hot water consumption.
10. Perspective is everything.
11. Enjoy your “trip!” HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
12. Welcome to [INSERT NAME HERE] Inn.
13. The all-in-one workout room, breakfast bar, and ice maker.
14. Watch out for “sink holes.”
15. There are still Good Samaritans in this world.
h/t: Bored Panda