As a self-professed metalhead, I have to admit that even I find these album covers with googly eyes to be pretty funny.
Yes, metal is usually supposed to be pretty evil and it is supposed to make people uncomfortable…but do we need to be so serious all the time?
You can still be a headbanger AND have a good sense of humor at the same time!
So let’s check out these heavy metal albums that have been “defaced” with googly eyes to give them more of a goofy, gentle feel. Enjoy!
1. Children of Sodom.
Just not as creepy as it used to be.
2. Please check out the name of this album.
I need to start listening to this band ASAP.
3. A new take on an old classic.
Fear of the dark…
4. Definitely had this tape as a kid.
But his eyes look different…
5. This band would not be happy about this.
That’s just a hunch…
6. Descending the mountain of HELL…
That also has googly eyes.
7. Now THIS is a great album.
With an updated cover.
8. All bow down to Sepultura.
Are you ready to get REALLY heavy?
9. Hahahaha. Wow…this one…
Would you be afraid of this creature?
10. An underrated metal band.
Something seems a little bit off here…
11. Yes! A classic.
I always loved this cover. Now? Not so much.
12. More from the Maiden legends.
Eddie definitely does not look the same.
13. Rust In Peace.
This is epic.
How about you?
Are you a metalhead?
If so, tell us what some of your favorite heavy metal albums are in the comments.
Thanks a lot! And remember…BANG YOUR HEAD!