Today is Tuesday, November 6th, 2018. Are you forgetting something? Halloween? Nope, that just happened. Thanksgiving? Nope, way too early. Christmas? Are you serious? If you live in America, today is the day of our midterm elections! If you already voted, congratulations on being a good citizen. If you haven’t, put down your phone and find your nearest polling place while there’s still time!
Hopefully, I don’t have to convince you why voting is a good idea–it affects nearly every aspect of our lives, both public and private. And yet, so many of us still don’t bother. In the 2016 presidential election, only 58.1% of eligible Americans voted. And when you go back to the last midterm, turnout is even lower: a scant 36.4% of eligible voters went to the voting booth. That’s nuts!
Regardless of your political party, you have to get out there and cast a ballot today. Check out these 15 memes to get yourself in the voting spirit.
And then go vote. Seriously.
1. You voted? Badass.
2. If you won’t listen to me, listen to Britney.
3. No excuses.
4. It’s that simple.
5. Are you between age 18 and 29? Listen up!
6. All the cool kids are voting.
7. Your future called. It wants you to vote.
8. If you vote, people will find you more attractive. It’s science.
9. Voting: the path of least resistance.
10. If you had time for this, you have time to vote.
11. Midterms are just as important as the other one.
12. Got complaints? Don’t gripe. Do something about it.
13. Don’t know what a “comptroller” does? Doesn’t matter!
14. Don’t be a fool.
15. Stay home and you will get attacked by a shark. It’s that simple.