There are lots of reasons to love summertime. The weather is warm and sunny, perfect for outdoor activities like frisbee or picnicking. The days are the longest they’ll be all year, allowing us to pack as much into our day as possible. If you’re the dapper sort, it’s the best time to break out your best linens.
But if you’re a parent, it can be difficult to enjoy summer at all. The kids are out of school, full of energy, and ready to cause mayhem–and it’s your job to contain them.
Luckily, summer is almost over. But in the meantime, you can enjoy these Tweets from parents who can’t wait for the calendar to flip to September.
1. The theory of relativity, summer edition.
2. Bedtime negotiations are ongoing.
3. Barricade the doors.
4. The official summer diet.
5. Every kid needs to learn how to entertain themselves.
6. The Supersoaker inventor is an actual sadist.
7. Summer is hot. So is hell.
8. The perfect storm.
9. Summer’s a great time to enrich your child’s education. Also, I am a liar.
10. When the kids go to bed, it’s time to relax.
11. The real reason spray-on sunscreen was invented.
12. The big questions.
13. If your kid makes it to adulthood with their limbs intact, you won.
14. Remember to do things that bring you joy.
15. But most of all, keep those expectations low.