Life is full of “hacks,” i.e. simple shortcuts that supposedly make your everyday life better. But if you actually tried to follow even 1% of them, it would take up your every waking hour. We live in a time of self-improvement overload so it’s only natural there would be backlash.
That’s the gist behind r/ShittyLifeProTips, a subreddit where people post purposely bad life hacks that no sane or reasonable person would ever try. No, they’re not helpful, and no, you should definitely never try them–for the sake of your health, sanity, and bank account–but they’re definitely hilarious. If you’ve ever felt “life hack overload,” these bad tips are for you! (via Bored Panda)
1. Discourage thieves by putting boxes for large appliances with your neighbor’s trash.
2. Too tired/fed up to comfort your child? Substitute your own hand with a bean-filled glove.
3. Done with ironing your shirts? Get fat and watch the wrinkles disappear.
4. Say goodbye to stale cake by eating the entire thing in one sitting.
5. Store up to twice as many tennis balls in one can by cutting them in half.
6. Eliminate toothbrushing by adding toothpaste to your food.
7. Heat up snacks using your laptop charger.
8. Headphones always getting tangled? Douse them with Johnson & Johnson “No More Tangles” shampoo.
9. A seatbelt makes a great bottle opener for drinking and driving.
10. Say goodbye to onion tears by wrapping your entire head in plastic.
11. Want a hands-free TV tray you can take almost anywhere? Use a toilet seat.
12. Don’t sew holes in old dress socks. Just buy a permanent marker.
13. Plug your power strip into itself for infinite power.
14. Magnify your smartphone screen by dropping it in a glass of water.
15. Hate making embarrassing bathroom noises? Try this.
h/t: Bored Panda