Look, let’s be honest. If you’re a student, you almost never want to be at school. But one thing that can make school so much better is having a funny teacher.
To clarify, by “funny” we’re not talking about that time Mr. Groves forgot to zip up after a bathroom break. We mean teachers who are intentionally funny. Maybe it’s a teacher who deals with misbehaving students with pranks rather than yelling. Or maybe it’s a teacher who spices up an otherwise dry lesson with a zinger.
Below, check out some teachers (via Buzzfeed and Bored Panda) who know how to bring laughs to the classroom. You know someone’s funny when they can anyone laugh, and not just their friends. And I’m not sure there’s anyone less friendly than a classroom full of students who don’t want to be there. Compared with teachers, comedians have it easy.
1. Way more fun than just flunking someone.
2. He had his students’ full attention that day.
3. Phones in the classroom are a new problem. Teachers have gotten creative.
4. Like, “Change the background on a confiscated phone” creative.
5. The student who thought he found a loophole.
6. When you’ve taken the same yearbook photo 15 years in a row, you gotta shake things up.
7. When you’ve taken the same yearbook photo 15 years in a row, and you’re a history teacher, you gotta shake things up.
8. Wrong answers can still be fun.
9. Nap in class at your own risk.
10. Teachers pass on more than knowledge, they pass on life skills. Like bribery.
11. Don’t ask this teacher to borrow a pen. You just might get your wish.
12. And don’t ask this teacher to borrow a pencil. You just might get your wish.
13. Even substitute teachers get in on the fun.
14. The weird thing is this wasn’t even for Halloween.
15. And finally, when one student’s homework was defaced with a penis just before turning it in, this teacher knew what to do.