It’s America’s birthday, y’all! Happy July 4th! If you’re like most Americans, your plans today mostly involve getting hammered and watching fireworks. And don’t get me wrong, that’s always a great time, but we can all do better. There are those among us who treat Independence Day not just as a day of celebrating our nation’s birth, but as an excuse to go all-out. For example, getting a Benjamin Franklin face tattoo.
Here are 15 people who went above and beyond celebrating the 4th of July. If anyone’s thinking about adding more faces to Mt. Rushmore, these are some great candidates. (via Bored Panda.)
1. Red, white, and beard.
2. Goodbye, Founding Fathers. Hello, Founding Daddies.
3. Overdoing it? Nah.
5. Amber waves of pain.
6. The Star Spangled Lawn
7. Actually, that last one is garbage compared to this one.
8. We did Brexit before it was cool.
9. “My wife works for a vet, and this is how they’re doing their bandages today.”
10. “My crazy aunt is spray painting stars in the backyard for the family BBQ on the 4th.”
11. An act of true pastryotism.
12. How a Dad celebrates Independence Day.
13. “I was taking my girl out for the 4th of July. Had to warn her what I was gonna wear.”
14. The risks of buying your 4th of July decorations at the dollar store.
15. Is there anything more American than this? Nope.
h/t: Bored Panda