Having neighbors is a dicey proposition. No matter how gracious and considerate you and your neighbor might be, you just won’t see eye-to-eye on everything. Maybe you think 3 a.m. for sleeping, but your neighbor thinks it’s the perfect time to workshop their Adele impression for karaoke night. There’s always something.
So, what’s the best way to navigate those moments of neighborly tension? By trying to be gracious and considerate of others, and if should things go wrong, being adult enough to apologize? WRONG!
The best way, clearly, is to leave a passive-aggressive note that calls out your neighbor for their wrongdoing. Passive-aggressive notes are one of the best cheat codes for living in modern society–you get change other people’s behavior without even having to confront them about it! Via Bored Panda, here are 15 passive-aggressive notes (and other messages) from neighbors who will definitely be avoiding eye contact in the laundry room.
1. Fighting dirty.
2. The accidental peep show.
3. You’ve heard of dog shaming. Here’s owner shaming.
4. Good fences make good neighbors.
The story: “The HOA in my friend’s neighborhood recently threatened her neighbors with a fine if they didn’t hide their trash cans, even though they’ve been in the same spot for over a decade. This is their solution.”
5. Rock ‘n’ roll all night.
6. Unfortunately, they don’t make the patch for cats.
7. The wrath of the potato people.
8. A taste of their own medicine.
9. Wi-Fi warfare.
10. When you involve Google Maps in your feud.
11. Laundry room drama.
12. Every neighborhood has a Bob. Don’t be Bob.
13. Mr. and Mrs. Heavyfoot
14. The abominable snowman.
The story: “My neighbour’s kid is always playing in my yard and leaving his toys. When he left two broomsticks, I left this in his yard as a warning. And yes, it is still winter in Canada.”
15. And finally, a whole series of illustrated passive-aggressive notes that will definitely be turned into a movie.
h/t: Bored Panda