Motivational posters have cluttered up offices and schools for decades now. It’s difficult to pinpoint the first ever motivational poster, but one of the first popular ones was definitely Victor Baldwin’s “Hang In There, Baby.” You’ve definitely seen it. It’s the poster with a cat struggling to climb a pole, accompanied by the words, “Hang in there, baby.”
This poster spawned a whole industry of well-meaning imitators meant to motivate employees to do their best. These posters were definitely a success…for the people who made them. As far as actually motivating employees to do better, well, their effect is dubious at best.
To most people, motivational posters are cheesy, tacky, and even depressing–which is the exact opposite of motivational. If you’re like me, you probably don’t remember the last one you saw, because you ignored it.
So, how do you make a motivational poster that grabs people’s attention? By adding a bunch of swear words, of course! That’s exactly what Buzzfeed‘s Lara Parker and Pablo Valdivia did. Compared with regular motivational posters, these ones have an extra oomph you can only get from a few well-placed F-bombs. You’ll never procrastinate again!
1. Top of the f*cking mountain
2. Put this on your f*cking vision board.
3. Kick your problems right in the face.
4. Do you think astronauts ever let self-doubt stop them? F*ck no!
5. You want percentages? You got them, sh*t head.
6. Wisdom and sh*t, from Aesop.
7. Here’s the key to personal growth. Don’t lose it, dipsh*t.
8. Even the sh*ttiest day has a silver lining.
9. You are your worst f*cking enemy.
10. Comfort zone? I got your comfort zone right here.
11. Complacency is for a**holes.
12. Oh, you want to give up? F*ck you.
13. Pain is just fear leaving your sh*tty body.
14. Believe in yourself, or go f*ck yourself.
15. And finally, this should be your life goal. Unless you’re an a-hole.