Yesterday was Mother’s Day here in the US. If you’re a mother, hopefully you got to spend a nice day with your offspring, or at least you got a phone call. And if you’re a child, and you didn’t spend the day with your Mom, hopefully you remembered to call her! It’s literally the least you could have done.
But the whole point of Mother’s Day is to show our appreciation for the woman who gave birth to us, and a great way to do that is with a gift. Most Moms would probably say that merely spending time together is enough of a gift, but who doesn’t like receiving an awesome present?
Today we’ve got a collection of Mother’s Day gifts that weren’t just given to show appreciation, they also managed to be really, really funny. Some of these funny gifts were unintentional–whenever a small child writes a handwritten letter, there’s guaranteed to be at least one howler of a spelling mixup. Other gifts were supposed to be funny, and they nailed it. Either way, we’re sure all the moms who received these gifts felt like the World’s Best Mom. (via Bored Panda)
1. Never lose sight of what’s really important.
2. “Now that my son is 13, he understands what I really want–a stack of these.”
3. “My friend made this for his Mom when he was 12. He’s very literal.”
4. Always read the fine print.
5. Family Feud, sibling edition.
6. “It was supposed to be a hand pointing to me.”
7. He may have grown up, but his artistic skills are still the same.
8. Mother’s Day is a great time to reminisce about happy memories.
9. “For our Mother’s Day gift, we recreated a classic.”
10. Some gifts are worth more than all the money in the world.
11. “The best way for a 16-year-old to scare his over-protective mother on Mother’s Day.”
12. “I wasn’t a planned baby, so this is the card I got my Mom.”
13. “My son made me Mother’s Day breakfast in bed. He’s five.”
14. Every child is a miracle, when you think about it.
15. “My Mom has been complaining about this school picture for 20 years. I decided to immortalize it for Mother’s Day.”
h/t: Bored Panda