We’re in the waning moments of the 2019 North American polar vortex, but it’s still very, very cold. Earlier today we showed you some examples of what happens when the coldest air in the Northern Hemisphere comes to town.
When Chicago is literally as cold as the Arctic, obviously people’s lives are going to be aversely affected. Just five minutes of exposure to temperatures below -30°F can cause frostbite, so local governments across the northern states are advising people to stay indoors. Essential services like the US mail have been postponed. Schools are closed. Thousands of flights have been canceled. And those lucky enough to have homes are stuck inside of them. In short, it’s miserable.
And what’s the best way to deal with a shared misery like living in -45°F? With humor, of course. Here are 15 memes about the polar vortex that’ll give you a smile. Stay indoors, and stay warm out there!
1. If the weather report stopped being polite and started being real.
2. Stay warm, however you have to.
3. Morning coffee is basically unnecessary.
4. Let it stop, let it stop, let it stop.
5. In times like these, we are all Randy.
6. A good rule of thumb.
7. Let it go.
8. There’s a reason some animals migrate.
9. Make sure you’re stocked up on essential supplies.
10. Sending Mother Nature a message.
11. This was Lord Fahrenheit’s original name for 32°
12. Bears have it made.
13. The key to staying warm is layering.
14. Someone’s been staring at the thermometer a bit too long.
15. Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright…