Where are all my history nerds at?! It’s great to be a pop culture nerd, but as a self-proclaimed history nerd myself, I can tell you that it’s just as much fun to geek out about the Treaty of Westphalia as it is about whatever the Avengers are up to. On top of that, history a) really happened and b) is a subject taught in schools, so enjoying it lets you feel smart. You’re basically as smart as someone who does recreational calculus!
And since in 2019 the only legitimate way to enjoy anything is to also enjoy memes about that subject, here are 15 history memes for my fellow history nerds.
1. Henry VIII: the original fuccboi
2. And a pizza place, if it’s not too much trouble.
julius caesar (dying after being stabbed 23 times): please…name a salad after me
— Objectively Correct (@InternetHippo) October 21, 2017
i think a fight is about to break out in the subway i’m on pic.twitter.com/q1Mfod38S4
— Gee (@woag_) March 27, 2018
4. How a classic game was invented.
5. Genghis Khan was such a drama queen.
This is extremely accurate pic.twitter.com/BDp2OwDKqg
— History In Memes (@MemesOnHistory) April 24, 2017
6. The Crusade Against Whoever
7. Rasputin: the original Keith Richards.
8. No idea what you’re talking about.
When the British East India Company asks where all the tea went pic.twitter.com/zNY6i8njOh
— History In Memes (@MemesOnHistory) October 9, 2017
9. World War One? World War Fun.
Glad my room is to the left. For some reason the right side of this hotel floor doesn’t sound peaceful. pic.twitter.com/KqWKwOk4qv
— Andrew Cooper (@HongKongBee) November 21, 2017
10. We’re gonna sit this one out.
Switzerland during both world wars pic.twitter.com/VhN3sgPIPB
— History In Memes (@MemesOnHistory) January 12, 2017
11. Jeez, destroy one city and folks never let you hear the end of it.
12. Not a fair fight.
13. I think I see a way around it.
14. Like talking to a brick wall.
Galileo explaining to the church why the Earth goes around the sun. pic.twitter.com/QsxAHNBSlP
— History In Memes (@MemesOnHistory) January 20, 2017
15. Can’t stop, won’t stop.
Romans be like pic.twitter.com/CdUYTFkacp
— History In Memes (@MemesOnHistory) March 8, 2017