If you’re considering getting a vanity license plate, here’s an idea: don’t. Think about all the vanity license plates you’ve ever seen. Nearly all of them range somewhere between “inside joke the public has no way of understanding” to “aggressively bad taste.” Like this beauty:
I don’t know why you’re still single either, pal.
I would almost be willing to call for a complete ban on all personalized license plates, if not for an extremely tiny minority that are actually good. Sometimes, despite all limitations, someone actually manages to get a license plate that’s clever, surprising, and even funny. It’s about as rare as a unicorn, but it really does happen.
Here are 15 license plates are actually worth looking at. And if you’re still thinking of getting a vanity plate, know that the bar has been raised. (via Bored Panda).
1. Bonus points for the tongue.
2. Nailed it.
3. So many Canadians tried to get this one.
4. Putting the “fun” in “funeral home.”
5. For the Tesla owner who doesn’t feel quite superior enough.
6. Now that’s how you get around a 7-character limit.
7. “Step on it!” can really go two ways here.
8. Spotted on a car from a driving school in Norway.
9. Ford: the official vehicle of the Donner Party.
10. Looks just as good in 2015 as it did in 1955.
11. CLG FUND was taken.
12. The one and only way to make a Chevy Impala badass.
13. His other car is a rocket ship.
14. If this guy cut me off, I’d be totally fine with it.
15. I hope they mean “forever,” and not “For Eva.” Because Eva sounds like one unlucky woman.
h/t: Bored Panda