Unless you’re a word enthusiast, (like me!), the dictionary might seem like a pretty dull book. Sure, it’s useful when you need to look up a word you don’t recognize, but it’s not exactly “pleasure reading” for most people.
But what if a dictionary were less about what words mean, and more about how people actually use them? That’s the premise behind HipDict, a Instagram page that posts words’ alternate definitions that are both funny and a bit more true-t0-life. Some HipDict entries are for common words, others are for words they’ve invented to keep up with our ever-evolving modern lives, and you can check out 15 of the best HipDict entries below:
1. Those pesky little things!
2. Everybody has one. Or two. Or five.
3. It’s so hard to concentrate!!!
4. Better to leave it until…
5. Yeah, that’s accurate. Still single, btw…
6. Well, they don’t complain. Much.
7. Never thought of it that way. Hmmmmmm…
8. Oh… this one is… actually ironic!
9. Hahaha… every single day of my life.
10. Yeah, those things.
11. Basically, how people describe me.
12. Yep, and I pay way too much for Lattes. For reals.
13. I love this one. HA!
14. Oh, those poor, poor, poor teachers…
15. Yep, sounds about right!
Pretty hilarious, right?
Have any you want to add to this?
Let us know in the comments!