Times change, and the images most people look at for fun are much different than what they were even 20 years ago. In days past, people enjoyed perusing magazines, newspapers, and works of art. Today, it’s more about Instagram and memes. But one artist is trying to bridge the gap between the present and the past by mashing up some of the world’s most famous works of art with characters from pop culture, along with some memes. Fine art, meet popular entertainment.
1. Deadpool + Caravaggio’s The Tooth Puller
2. Snorlax and Pikachu + Nicolas Poussin’s Rinaldo and Armida
3. Voldemort the Ballerina
4. Stranger Things + Edvard Munch’s The Scream
5. Pickle Rick + Leonardo da Vinci’s Lady with an Ermine
6. Johannes Vermeer’s The Girl with a Pearl Earring gets a Rasta makeover.
7. Breakdancing with Alessandro Botticelli’s The Descent of the Holy Ghost
8. R2D2 + Adolphe William Bouguereau’s The Horseback Ride
9. House on Fire Girl + Jacques Bertaux’s Prise du Palace des Tuileries
10. Distracted Boyfriend + The Mona Lisa, Van Gogh’s Self Portrait, and The Girl with the Pearl Earring
11. Air conditioning + Adolf Hirémy-Hirschl’s The Souls of Acheron
12. Snoop Dogg + Joan Gasco’s Saint James
13. Van Gogh and the Girl with the Pearl Earring take a hiking selfie.
14. The Fast and the Furious + Salvador Dali and Vincent Van Gogh
15. Stan Lee + Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam
h/t: Bored Panda