Well, here’s something you don’t hear about every day…

Here’s a cautionary tale for everyone out there and we want you to pay close attention…and you can go ahead and file this story under “Totally Bizarre Stories That Will Make You Never Want To Open Your Mouth Again.”

A 70-year-old woman in Spain thought something fishy was going on when she kept getting respiratory infections for no reason, and the whole thing left her puzzled…

Well, it turns out something fishy wasn’t to blame…it was something screwy!

Photo Credit: Unsplash,FLY:D

The woman decided to go to the hospital in Pontevedra, Spain to get an x-ray and she got the shock of a lifetime…

The images revealed that a 9-millimeter metal screw was lodged in her lung.

It was determined that the woman accidentally inhaled the screw nearly a year earlier during a series of dental treatments.

Photo Credit: Unsplash,CDC

Luckily, doctors were able to extract the screw from her lung during surgery.

What’s the big lesson here, folks? Try not to open your mouth when you’re out in public, if at all humanly possible…

I think it’s safe to go ahead and call this story “The Taming of the Screw”…I’ll be here all week!

Now we want to hear from you!

What’s the weirdest freak accident that you’ve ever heard about?

Talk to us in the comments and share some weird stories with us!

And provide us with some links, too!

We’d love to hear from you!