Say you’re starting a business. You need to design your shop’s sign. It’s got to be clear and readable, sure, but you want to stand out. Maybe you want to give off a certain kind of “vibe.” Regular old Times New Roman isn’t going to cut it.
So you start looking through fonts. There are lots of cool ones out there. You find an exotic one that’s just perfect. Done, right? Wrong.
I’m here to tell you to: BE CAREFUL!
Because quite often, as cool as these fonts might be, the way they’re spaced and designed can make perfectly innocent words look much, much dirtier. You don’t want to be the laughing stock of your town, do you?
Here’s what you do. Pick out your favorite sign design, then show it to a few trusted friends or loved ones. If they giggle, go back to the font list and try again. And in the meantime, let this gallery of font fails serve as a cautionary tale.
1. That’s not a nice thing to call your aunt.
2. Nobody gets THAT excited about a bathing suit.
3. Hey, at least they’re honest.
4. Well, they’ve done a reality show about everything else…
5. If my school were like this, I never woulda left.
6. Why just Friday? Why can’t it be every day?
7. Seriously, if you have the letters and “L” and “I” in your business name, beware.
8. The same goes for the letters “C” and “L”
9. Lego’s changed since I was a kid.
10. That’s just unsanitary.
11. They can advertise that now?
12. This one seems like it would totally work!
13. And this one might not even be a mistake. Have you ever meet boat people?
14. Hey, whatever get up to with paint, it’s none of my business.
15. And finally, it looks like young Curt might have a difficult life ahead of him.
h/t: Pleated Jeans