The Internet is full of articles about why your 30’s are the best decade of your life. And the gist of these articles is that your 30’s are life’s sweet spot: you’re old enough to know yourself and what you need, but still young enough to enjoy basically all the same activities you did in your 20’s.
But even if your 30’s really are the best decade of your life, that’s still only relative to all the other decades. It doesn’t mean your 30’s are actually good. In fact, there are plenty of things about your 30’s that just plain suck. It’s probably the first time you notice your body’s inevitable decay. You’ve been working at your chosen profession long enough to feel truly and irrevocably trapped in it. And no matter what you do, the older you get, the less cool you become. It’s just science.
Fortunately, we’ve got a selection of Tweets (via Bored Panda) that will alleviate your 30’s blues. Best of all, we’ve put the rest of the words in this article in a nice big font, so you won’t have trouble reading them, you geezers.
1. This will happen to you.
Seriously though, only a psychopath buys an orange car.
2. Every day is Christmas!
3. Say goodbye to those dreams of being a pro athlete.
4. Yes, it’s all a lie. Play along.
5. Take a walk on the wild side…to Safeway.
6. You can finally live your truth.
7. And sometimes your truth is “I give up.”
8. What “wisdom” really means.
9. Spice Girls songs start reminding you of your own mortality.
10. Bow chicka wow wow.
11. Mine’s fuchsia, and it’s made from silicon so it won’t scratch the cookware.
12. Don’t answer. Nothing good will come of it.
13. Snuffing out the life of the party.
14. You need to stretch before sleeping.
15. How did I get here?
h/t: Bored Panda