Every parent is familiar with the mealtime struggle. You’ve lovingly prepared a nutritious meal, (or, depending on your day, lovingly thawed), but your child refuses to eat it. There are many reasons why this might happen. One, children are more sensitive to flavors than adults are. Then there’s the fact that kids are hardwired to be wary of new foods, especially from ages 2 to 6. Finally, some kids are just stubborn–especially when their parents have been pushing food a bit too much.
Whatever the reason, the mealtime struggle is definitely frustrating, for kids and parents alike. But luckily, you’re not alone! Lots of parents have endured the picky eating phase, and some of them have even written jokes about it. Here are 15 Tweets from parents (via Bored Panda) about kids who just wouldn’t eat.
1. The grass is always greener on the other plate.
2. There’s no rhyme or reason.
3. Like a shark sensing a drop of blood in the water.
4. George Washington never told a lie. But he also never had kids, so.
5. Alternately, maybe your kid’s not a picky eater. Maybe you’re a terrible cook.
6. Animal crackers are for closers.
7. Want a dinner hack? Try procrastination.
8. Well, I’m not eating meatballs again.
9. Triangles or squares? Better get it right!
10. And kids aren’t just picky at home. They’re picky at school, too!
11. A toddler’s palate is refined…when it wants to be.
12. There is no right answer.
13. A new type of fusion cuisine.
14. Know when you’re beaten.
15. But above all, it helps to have a sense of humor.
h/t: Bored Panda