As a person who stands 6’3″, I can say from experience that being tall definitely has its perks. You can reach anything on any shelf in any store. If you’re in a crowd, you can see over the tops of most people’s heads. And then there’s the fact that height is seen as a desirable trait. I don’t know why height is so appealing, but you definitely get admiration for it. And who doesn’t love admiration? Even if you did nothing to earn it!
But being tall also has its annoyances. Shopping for clothes can be a challenge. Airplane seats are a nightmare. And bonking your head on low-hanging objects is just a fact of life–my nemesis is the rack at my parents’ house where they hang their pots and pans.
In that spirit, here are 15 “tall people problems” that prove being tall isn’t always a picnic. And no, the weather’s not different “up here.” That joke has never been funny. (via Bored Panda.)
1. “I’m 6’11”. Fitting rooms are awkward.”
2. Scales can only go so high.
3. You always need to sit in the first row.
4. Caution: low clearance, pt. 1.
5. Hugging your family requires planning.
6. Nothing goes over your head.
7. You feel like a giant, and not in a fun way.
Seriously, you don’t even get to live on top of a beanstalk.
8. Caution: low clearance, pt. 2.
9. Constantly being asked how tall you are.
10. You always stand out in a lineup. (6’8″ groom, 6’4″ bride.)
11. We’re gonna need a bigger bed.
12. Do the splits.
13. Love finds a way.
14. You’ll need to come up with several life hacks.
15. Giraffes United Against Ceiling Fans
h/t: Bored Panda