The Newfoundland isn’t for everyone–but that’s just because of their size. A Newfie can weigh up to 150 lbs, and they need a fair amount of yard space for exercise. Ideally, a Newfie has access to water for swimming. (They were originally bred for water rescues, and they LOVE the water.) Anyone who’s ever met a Newfie knows that despite their hugeness, they are the gentlest of giants.
And luckily, for our purposes, Newfies are also hilarious! They’re so big that they look out of place in pretty much any situation. Here are 15 photos proving that not only is the Newfoundland one of the best dog breeds out there, they also might secretly be bears. (via Bored Panda).
1. Just one of these is a horse.
2. I promise this is not a photo of a bear.
3. Somehow these two are the same species.
4. Taken seconds before the chair collapsed.
5. That’s actually a bucket.
6. Get 24 more babies and you got an even tug-o-war.
7. How many more of those do you think he can fit in his mouth?
8. Once a lap dog, always a lap dog.
9. Why is the ground shaking? Oh, it’s feeding time.
10. These two are literally 11 weeks old.
11. Work it, girl.
12. How did he even fit through the door?!
13. You weren’t using that rearview mirror, were you?
14. It’s like having a living beanbag chair.
15. “Got Sebastian a safety vest because people need to know he’s not a bear.”
h/t: Bored Panda