The human reproductive system, and more specifically the female reproductive system, is a subject that every adult of every gender should have a basic knowledge of. It’s literally where life comes from! Sadly, this is not the case. There are many studies that have proven the public’s lack of familiarity with female anatomy, but here’s one that sounds extra-pitiful: according to cancer research charity the Eve Appeal, 50% of men are unable to find a vagina on a diagram. And it’s not just men who are inept. One year earlier, another Eve Appeal study found that 44% of women couldn’t locate the vagina, either.
Come on, people. Have you never heard of Wikipedia? Here’s a whole article that explains everything! It’s really not that difficult.
With so much ignorance, it’s no surprise that many people believe some absolutely ludicrous things about female anatomy. There’s even a whole subreddit devoted to it called “Bad Women’s Anatomy“, which is where these 15 completely insane beliefs about women’s bodies were first shared. If you have any doubts about how women’s bodies work, you better brush up on it, or one day you might end up on a list like this
1. The Never Ending Period
I thought women had their periods forever. When my first period stopped I assumed the neighbours’ dog impregnated me when I pet him. For a month I believed myself to be carrying a half human half dog baby. This story is brought to you by Ontario Catholic School Sex Ed in the 90s.
— Julie Mannell (@JulieMannell) July 13, 2018
2. Um, no.
3. When it comes to the female anatomy, even rocket scientists are clueless.
Fun fact: When Sally Ride was preparing to go into space, NASA engineers asked her if 100 tampons would be the right number for a week.
She said, “No. That would not be the right number.”
They cut it back to 50…
— Mary Robinette Kowal (@MaryRobinette) July 19, 2019
4. “I’m growing it out for the baby.”
5. Can’t you just…hold it?
6. Father Knows
7. Women’s farts smell worse because they’re too polite. It’s science.
8. We’ve all confused women with werewolves.
9. This explains why mermaids never get their periods!
10. Peeing on a stick? Witchcraft!
11. Nothing here makes sense past “Thigh gaps are.”
12. Wandering Egg Syndrome
13. Got Milk? WELL, YOU SHOULDN’T!!!
14. If you just ate a baby, then the answer is yes.
15. “The baby should come out any day now. I’m at 1,654 weeks!”