Awkward things are happening all around us all the time. Holding a door for someone who’s too many steps away. Ending a business call with “I love you.” Meeting the governor and projectile vomiting directly into his mouth. (Just me?)
Awkwardness is so common that it takes a truly exceptional failure to even be worth talking about. And that’s exactly what we’ve got here. Below, check out 15 of the most awkward things that happened this year, from people who were brave enough to share.
1. Foot, meet mouth.
2. The great bra mystery.
3. Nobody’s impressed by your bougie water.
4. One out of five stars.
5. Nothing they haven’t seen before.
6. Thanks a lot, shipping company.
7. No es salsa.
8. Don’t flatter yourself.
9. Double the disappointment.
11. ‘Round the clock service.
12. “Excuse me, you’re in my seat.”
13. Cry for help.
14. He will never stop blushing.
15. Time to update the resume.