We can say two things about inspirational quotes, the short, pithy sayings meant to encourage you to try your best and achieve more than you thought possible. First of all, they’re everywhere, from office cubicles to gym walls to teacher’s rooms. Second, they’ve never actually inspired anyone to do anything. Has anyone ever said, “I was just going to skip climbing Mt. Everest, but then I saw a poster of a shark that said ‘Keep moving forward,’ so I went ahead and did it!” No, they haven’t.
Inspirational posters are mostly unnecessary fluff, but they’re also perfect for parody–and that’s exactly what the folks who run the Uninspirational Instagram account. We’ve covered them before, and now they’re back with a brand new batch of anti-inspirational quotes that are guaranteed to convince you not to even try. (via Bored Panda)
1. Down with inspirational quotes!
2. Don’t believe in yourself.
3. It goes both ways.
4. Let’s be honest…
5. Everyone is awful. Everyone.
6. True freedom.
7. Both are overrated.
8. Punctuation is everything.
9. The 21st century cry for help.
10. You’re bumming me out with your “talking.”
11. The truth about love.
12. Need motivation? Just lower the bar.
13. Here’s your spirit animal.
14. “97% of the quotes you see on the Internet are fake.” –Abraham Lincoln
15. Just give up.
h/t: Bored Panda