Whenever a product gets made for mass consumption, it goes through many phases of development. Finishing the product is really just the beginning–it then has to undergo testing, quality assurance, marketing, testing the marketing, and then finally it gets introduced to the public. You really don’t want to skip these steps. Otherwise you might end up with a silly straw that’s as sharp as a razor blade, or a smart phone that shouts out its owner’s medical history non-stop. For example.
Despite all this development, sometimes a product still gets sold with a fatal flaw. (Or, more accurately, these steps weren’t followed in the first place.) It might not be fun to own such a product, but it’s definitely funny to look at them. Here are 15 more design fails making the world a bit more interesting. (via Bored Panda)
1. Just in case the caffeine isn’t enough to wake you up.
2. Toronto airport bathroom, or a hidden camera prank show?
3. Pretty sure your plan has a couple holes, chief.
Gotta include one of these with every card! You’re going to need it after I cut your hair ??Trust me ?? pic.twitter.com/V8XEusCgoe
— jake gamez?? (@gamezjakee) March 10, 2019
4. Something doesn’t add up.
5. The feature article from Not Seeing The Forest For The Trees Monthly
6. This bike path is brought to you by Chrysler.
7. The soap dispenser with identity issues.
8. Punctuation saves lives.
9. What does the milk say? Moooooo.
10. That’s…actually a better metaphor for graduation than what they intended.
11. And that’s why I never buy used books.
12. From the people who brought you space saving furniture, it’s: space wasting furniture.
13. Christian Life International wanted to find ways to bring in young people.
14. Is that an automated trash can in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
15. This sign gave me a migraine.
h/t: Bored Panda