If you’re a parent, you know this to be true: no matter how much you love your kiddo, there are times when parenting is difficult. There are all kinds of ways that parenting can be difficult, but let’s cover the classics: you’re probably insanely overworked, with more activities and chores in your scheduled than are humanly possible to accomplish. You probably get way less alone time than you need–even when you’re trying to go to the bathroom. And then there’s the ever-present worry that you’re screwing everything up, which will never ever go away. Hooray!
But if there’s one silver lining, it’s that you are definitely not alone! On the contrary, pretty much every parent finds it to be the hardest job they’ve ever had to do. Below, check out 15 memes that get honest about the difficulties of being a parent–if you can tear yourself away from your little bundles of joy for a few minutes, that is.
1. There’s no such thing as “perfect.”
2. When the kids need help, your name always comes up.
3. Every day is a roller coaster.
4. You learn all kinds of new skills.
5. Taking a break just makes things worse.
6. You can’t remember the last time you spoiled yourself.
7. The quiet before the storm.
8. The morning rush. (Is it happy hour yet?)
9. When your child’s favorite song is your personal hell.
10. Feeling unappreciated? Here’s an easy fix.
always sometimes rarely used to look your best.
12. The best laid plans of mice and moms.
13. Your house is regularly afflicted with sudden-onset amnesia.
14. Their bath time is also your bath time.
15. There’s ALWAYS more to do.