We live in a divided world. People have been split into different factions and then turned against each other. Rather than engage in peaceful, productive discussion, these factions have resorted to name-calling and slander. Neither side is willing to compromise, and neither side will ever give in.
I’m talking, of course, about People Who Love Cilantro vs. People Who Hate Cilantro. And it’s tearing our world apart.
To some people, cilantro (aka coriander), literally tastes like soap. It’s not a matter of preference, either; it’s literally genetics. Researchers from 23andMe discovered that if a person has one gene called “OR6A2,” they’re extra sensitive to the aldehyde chemicals found in cilantro.
So if you hate cilantro, it’s just science. You’re not alone, either. Cilantro and coriander haters have flocked to a Facebook group appropriately called “I Hate Coriander,” where they share memes and jokes about their most loathed herb. Here are 15 memes for all you cilantro haters out there. (via Bored Panda.)
1. Deal breaker
3. This just in…
4. You’re not alone.
5. 100% off wouldn’t even do it.
6. Heroes can be found in unlikely places. Like your local Marshall’s.
7. Just say no.
8. Oh, you hate cilantro? Not as much as this guy.
9. A last-second reprieve.
10. The four horsemen of the apocalypse.
11. The one foolproof way to ruin Mexican food.
12. Terminated with extreme prejudice.
13. Would he ever lie to you?
14. Burn it all down.
15. That might improve the flavor, actually.
h/t: Bored Panda