Hairstyles change from decade to decade, and the 1980’s was synonymous with huge hairdos. Anyone who was anyone had an enormous, Aquanet-laden monstrosity.
Why was this hairstyle so popular? People try to connect big 80’s hair with 80’s consumerism. It was a time when everyone worshiped massive wealth and excessive consumption. Did these ideals cause big hair? Who knows! Whatever the reason, 80’s hair was huge, and it’s hilarious.
1. It’s all about the volume.
2. She personally caused the hole in the ozone layer.
3. You can’t always fit your hair and your friend in one photo.
4. The “movie ruiners”
5. Walking through doorways can be difficult.
6. They’ve been to no fewer than 30 Bon Jovi concerts.
7. The “Phil Spector on trial”
8. Totally tubular
9. Her sweatband is 30ft long.
10. Big crimpin’
11. The combination hairdo/scarf.
12. The planet
13. The dust cloud
14. Tremendous two-tone
15. Enough hair for 20 people.
h/t: Vintage Everyday