Reddit is full of thousands of hyper-specific subreddits that cover every subject you could possibly think of–and many subjects you’d never imagine in 1,000 years. The best niche subreddits are the ones that show you something new, and afterwards you can’t believe you’ve never noticed it before.
Today’s example? r/ATBGE, which stands for “Awful Taste But Great Execution.” It’s home to photos of things that could only be considered tacky, and yet still quality. Like, say, a statue of Spongebob sitting on a toilet…but it was sculpted by Michelangelo.
We usually don’t think of bad taste and good craftsmanship going together. You might guess that this subreddit only contains a handful of photos. Nope! Turns out there are countless examples of things that shouldn’t have been made, but were still made really well. Here are 15 of the best/worst. (via Bored Panda.)
1. Your car doesn’t need a paint job. Just needs a whole lotta duct tape.
2. Sir Mountain of Dew
3. When you just can’t choose between beauty school and taxidermy school.
4. An crime against both lasagna and salad.
5. How a birthday clown celebrates Easter.
6. Oh, heel no.
8. Can you ear me now?
9. Sure, I miss my spouse. But that hearse was a real hoot.
10. A chair from a supervillain’s waiting room.
11. The Hippomobile
12. Cthulhu’s way less scary cousin, Mitch.
13. Crocheted superheroes…with the power to harness all the static electricity in the world!
14. The god of the Minions demands a sacrifice.
15. If you love ball gags but hate the taste of rubber, why not try one made of teeth?
h/t: Bored Panda