We all know what an Easter Egg is–a colorful egg that parents tell their children was delivered by a giant, terrifying bunny rabbit in the night. But there’s another kind of Easter Egg you might not have heard of, and it’s found in video games. A video game Easter Egg is a surprise that the game’s creators hide somewhere inside the game for curious gamers to find. Finding them is a treat, and game companies still do this today.
Perhaps inspired by video games, other kinds of companies have begun hiding Easter Eggs inside their products. It’s totally unnecessary, but it’s also a great way to win over a customer. Here via Bored Panda are 15 companies that went the extra mile to make you smile.
1. A wine box with attitude.
2. The logo for Valais water has a mountain. So does each bottle.
3. A surprise on the bottom of the bag.
4. The shirt that’s also a wingman.
5. This circuitboard knows that sometimes, Sith happens.
6. When lotion instructions get personal.
7. Put a bird on it.
8. The friendliest yogurt.
9. The footrest in this Jeep says, “Sand, Snow, Rivers, Rocks” in morse code.
10. Someone at the pants factory just watched There’s Something About Mary.
11. This raincoat reveals a floral pattern when wet.
12. It’s nice when a product has multiple uses.
What it says: “If you need to detain a burglar until the authorities arrive, this Firewire can render approximately three perpetrator immobile when properly hog-tied.”
13. Pancake mix that tells your fortune.
14. Just in case you weren’t sure.
15. Just in case you REALLY weren’t sure.
h/t: Bored Panda