First dates are natural comedy fodder (and, very rarely, romance), so it makes sense that the ones tweeted to Jimmy Fallon during the Hashtag Game are totally worthy of some television (and list!) time.
I wish I had set aside my morning coffee and not even bothered to tell the fella I was working before reading and picking my favorites.
14. I feel like this was just his excuse for ditching you?
13. I’m sure he thought he was just being kitschy.
11. Okay that’s bad.
10. There are so many things wrong with this tweet I don’t know where to start.
9. Well, I mean. He’s honest.
8. I’m sure it was a mistake. Right?
7. And she played “which is worse?” and found no good answer.
6. You should have known something was up when he took you to such a nice place for a first date. #starbucksorbust
5. No. Seriously?
4. It would have been a different story had it been craft beer.
3. Did she take the popcorn with her to the bathroom? Otherwise I call foul.
2. You could have just said “he showed up wearing a Tony Romo jersey” and we would have all understood.
1. Bye, Felicia.
Want more Tonight Show laughs? We’ve got them!