We’ve all seen a million “inspirational” quotes. They mean well, trying to encourage us to work harder, or achieve something we didn’t think we could, or to simply think positive. And sure, maybe these posters have actually achieved their desired effect once or twice. But how often have we heard a scientist say during a Nobel speech, “I was totally gonna bail on finding the Higgs-Boson particle, but then I noticed the poster of the cat clinging to a branch.” Literally NEVER.
I’m willing to wager that far more often, inspirational posters just make us feel inadequate, reminding us exactly how we’ve fallen short. And that’s the inspiration behind “Uninspirational,” an Instagram account that sends up the idea of “inspirational quotes” with brutally honest ones. If you’re the type to look at an inspirational quote and roll your eyes, this is the place for you.
1. The Stink Of Loneliness
2. Think thin? I think not.
3. Nothing says “I love you” like an invasion of privacy.
4. Happiness is a warm Playstation.
5. Take that, Ben Franklin.
6. This is what they should be called.
8. Fuzzy Math
9. Down with the frappuccino!
10. This is called “The Instagram Diet.”
11. When you’re not a morning person, a night person, or an anytime person.
12. Making Misanthropy Fun
13. Deal with it.
14. The Car Gourmet
15. And finally, the only inspirational quote you really need.
h/t: Bored Panda