Whenever there’s a new royal baby, practically the entire world takes notice. And when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge recently had their third child this past Monday, (whose name has yet to be announced, but that’s how the royals roll), there was the usual media frenzy. Just hours after giving birth, William and Kate appeared before the press to introduce their baby to the world.
The photo was met with plenty of excitement, but lots of folks couldn’t help but notice how put-together Kate looked for a woman who had just pushed a whole baby out of her. To be fair to Kate, it’s kind of her job as a duchess to always look fantastic, and it’s much more achievable when you have an armada of stylists and hairdressers at your disposal like Kate does.
Still, mothers everywhere couldn’t help but think about their own pregnancies and how un-glamorous they looked. They’ve been sharing of their own pregnancies alongside photos of Kate, to show what a real pregnancy looks like. First compiled by Bored Panda, these honest portrayals are the antidote to the perfect celebrity pregnancy photo.
They’ll also make you really, really glad you’re not a duchess.
1. Royalty vs. Reality
2. Some people admired Kate even more after seeing her photo.
3. While others were simply baffled.
4. How Kate looks vs. how Kate feels.
5. Take a nap. You earned it.
6. What do you think Kate’s post-delivery meal was?
Answer: Trick question. Kate has evolved past the need for food.
7. Been there, done that.
8. Giving birth is about as easy as climbing Mt. Everest.
9. If you can muster a smile, you are a legend.
10. Honestly, just being upright is an accomplishment.
11. You can still look glamorous in a hospital gown.
13. New mom, or flood survivor? You be the judge.
14. No matter how tired they are, every mom loves their baby.
15. But giving birth is just the beginning.