Ah, the 80s. It was a weird time for everyone. I think I forgot how creepy McDonald’s play places used to be… In this Buzzfeed list, take a stroll down memory lane to a better(?) time:
1. Being addicted to crack- I mean breakfast foods.
Basically a combination of Fruity Pebbles, Cap’n Crunch, and rainbow dreams.
2. Hearing the call of the Wild… Strawberry.
A cavity in every piece!
3. Having no idea what Duckula even was but not really caring.
Vampire. Duck. Eats ketchup. Um… Sold.
4. See #3. Insert Noid. Add pizza.
I mean.. it doesn’t matter because pizza.
5. Getting a toy AND a box of cookies at McDonald’s.
They weren’t even good. BUT YOU GOT A WHOLE BOX FOR YOU.
6. Being terrified of McDonald’s Playland creatures but pretending everything was cool.
I know a guy who had a traumatic experience with that Hamburglar tower thing. He couldn’t find the entrance and ran around it in circles for what seemed like hours. True story.
7. Thinking McKids clothing was really cool, and convincing yourself that that was ok.
But it wasn’t. It was not ok.
8. Losing your mind over Pictionary Junior because it was basically impossible to draw on the laminated cards.
Which was the whole point… WHO WAS IN CHARGE OF THIS AND WHAT IS THEIR PHONE NUMBER
9. Feeling complete because you had a dancing Coke can.
Which served no purpose, and entertained you for about 30 seconds at a time… for, like, a total of 6 times. Ever.
10. Gaining some street cred by acquiring your own mini-gumball machine.
Which never worked right, so all the gumballs got stuck inside (and then stayed there until you threw it away 10 years later).