Remember the 60s and 70s? Sure you do! Even if you weren’t alive at the time, you know there was plenty of polyester, swagger and pant suits galore!
The really with-it couples didn’t just wear hip fashion. They teamed up their wardrobe to form matching power couple fashion statements that, upon reflection, are insane. Because there’s nothing that says, “I’m codependent and proud” then not being able to dress in something that doesn’t match your partner.
Still, I kind of wish that matching outfits would come back in a big way. I think it would actually be hilarious. Ironic, creepy, and did I already say hilarious? Let’s do this people!
But first, let’s see some fantastic examples of matching gone… right?
1. Three’s Company
2. You Complete My Color Palette
3. Denim Power!
4. The Quickest Of The Knits
5. Vests and Sweaters and Jackets, Oh My!
6. Sweaters And Suits And Sweaters And Suits
7. The Road Is Official Hit, Jac!
8. Paisley Paradise
9. So, On The Left… What’s Going On There? On The Right? Pretty Adorbs.
10. I’d Wear It. But I Wouldn’t Be So Disappointed In Her.
11. Anything? I’m Pretty Sure You’re Not Wearing That To Church.
12. Maxing and Matching and Relaxing
13. Britney And Justin Wore It Better
14. Actually, Quite Fierce. 10/10. Would Match.
15. Who Is Knitting THOSE Sweatertops?!?
16. “Should We Make Sweaters Out Of This Hun?”
17. She Loves Your Sweater. But You Need Work.
19. Completely Acceptable. 👏👏👏
(h/t: Flashbak & So Bad So Good)