Most of the photos accompanying the articles you see on the Internet are stock photos. They’re basically pre-made pictures that a photographer creates with the hope that they’ll be suitable for a news story or an informative piece.
Being a good stock photographer isn’t so much about technical skill–that’s a given. The real trick is anticipating the kinds of articles that will be written in the future, and making photos to go with them. Some stock photographers are great at it, while others…well, they definitely gets points for creativity.
Here are 15 stock photos, via Bored Panda, that are so bizarre you wonder what in the hell the photographer was thinking, or, what they were smoking. Scroll down and give them a look, because otherwise they’ll never see the light of day.
1. Just in case James Cameron remakes Titanic with cats.
2. The worst Spider-Man impression you have ever seen.
3. This is why you don’t leave your LSD where your cat can find it.
4. A 5 second Lifetime movie.
5. Hitler’s mom hates getting dinner ready.
6. Work is extra stressful when your boss wants to swallow you whole.
7. No carbs while I’m working!
8. When grandma decides her grandsons need toughening up.
10. “The pet store said this was a ferret. I think they lied.”
11. If you thought online dating was difficult, try being a centaur.
12. Protect yourself from identity theft by never using your computer.
13. A flushing is too good for some goldfish.
14. Excuse me, madame, but you’re sitting in my seat.
15. What Ozzy Osbourne sees every time he closes his eyes.
h/t: Bored Panda