Here at Awkward, we love Halloween, but let’s be honest. While the typical Halloween characters like witches and werewolves can definitely be scary, they’re also make believe, so it’s easy to find them scary without being in any real danger.
But what if Halloween were about real-life scary situations? What would Halloween look like then? Fortunately for us, some helpful pumpkin carvers are on the case, and they’ve got some real-life scary Jack-O-Lanterns for us to enjoy.
1. April 15th is much, much scarier than October 31st.
2. Like Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers, this one keeps coming back.
3. Frankly, I would rather run out of oxygen.
4. It will bleed you dry.
5. This one’s for prospective college students…
6. This one’s for current college students…
7. And this one’s for former college students.
8. Very scary to some people.
9. “You’ll always be a renter! Always!” the witch cackled.
10. The biggest villain of 2008.
11. Steven King’s next book is called The 6 a.m. Crossfit Class.
12. Just when you thought it was safe to binge watch Stranger Things.
13. Nightmare scenario.
14. You could say this about any year. Doesn’t make it less true.
15. Honestly, this one’s too scary to even think about.