As a former gym rat, I know one thing to be true: nobody wants to be at the gym. Most of us just want to get in, do our thing, get out as quickly as possible, and then get froyo. Unfortunately, there’s a problem: the gym is just utterly clogged with people who have no idea what they’re doing.
These people fall into three broad categories. First, people who just don’t know how to exercise. Maybe they’re trying to bench press with their feet, or they’re getting all tangled up in a rowing machine. You’d like to help them out, but that would involve actually talking to someone. Shudder. Second, people who don’t know the basics of gym etiquette, like, um, wiping off a machine after you’ve used it. (I’m pretty sure they do know, they just don’t care.) And third, people who are clearly just there to hang out. Don’t ask me why they pay a membership fee to kick back and drink smoothies while surrounded by sweaty people. Maybe they wanna get away from their families? Probably.
Below, check out 15 of the most gym-challenged out there. They DEFINITELY don’t re-rack their weights after they’re done.
1. Welcome to the future!
2. “Nope, I don’t need any help. Why do you ask?”
3. We’ll call this gym trip a stalemate.
4. “I don’t feel anything. Is it working?”
5. I didn’t know treadmills had that setting.
6. That’s not what people mean when they say “altitude training.”
7. Tall people problems.
8. The brain is a muscle too.
9. Sloth mode: activate!
10. Plus 10 points for creativity. Minus 100 points for back strain.
11. Warning: capes are a tripping hazard.
12. The last few years have been rough for Lance Armstrong.
13. Save time by showering WHILE you exercise!
14. Just a little father-son bonding.
15. Wait, did I say “15 People Who Have No Idea How To Use The Gym?” Because I meant, “14 People Who Have No Idea How To Use The Gym, And One LEGEND.”
h/t: Bloomjoy Collective