Our eyes and brains help us understand reality. We should thank them both a lot more than we do.
But every once in a while, something comes along that breaks our perception of the world around us: optical illusions. Somehow, a weirdly placed object, an unusual shadow, or a peculiar reflection can make our brains and eyes go haywire.
Via Bored Panda, we’ve got 15 optical illusions that are so mind-bending, you might think they were Photoshopped. They weren’t. So scroll down and let these photos warp your understanding of reality. And the best part is, it’s way cheaper than drugs.
1. “When the sun is overhead in Hawaii, it looks like a bad video game render.”
2. “My dog’s missing a section.”
3. “The reflection of this coffee shop window makes it look like this car sells pies out of the trunk.”
4. “For the past ten minutes, I’ve been trying to explain to my sister-in-law that it looks like her legs are over her husband’s shoulders. She doesn’t see it.”
5. “The sunset reflection looks like a portal to hell.”
6. “They look like tiny men training in the pool.”
7. “The way the sunlight hits these leaves makes it look like they’re on fire.”
8. “The frost on the roof of my car this morning looked like a view of Earth from space.”
9. “The reflection of the lamp gives my glasses eyeballs.”
10. “This tree looks like straight-up broccoli.”