Weddings are one of the most special moments in a couple’s life, but you know what would make them even more special? If they didn’t completely wipe out the bride and groom. If you’ve ever planned a wedding, you know that it’s a massive logistical undertaking on par with a major military operation. You’ll spend months planning every last detail, down to the napkin colors. You’ll agonize over who to invite and who to snub. And you’ll probably lose a big chunk of your life savings, too.
And then there’s the big day itself. When you’re both the star and the stage manager of your own show, you’re going to end your wedding day more exhausted than you’ve ever been–so tired that you can’t take full advantage your wedding night.
It’s no secret: wedding planning is grueling ordeal. Here, then, are 15 memes that sum up the absurdities of wedding preparation. If you’ve planned a wedding, or you’re about to plan a wedding, or if you’ve just been to a wedding, you’ll definitely relate!
1. You, three months before the big day.
2. Your wedding should reflect your personality. Whatever that looks like.
3. Pick a best man or maid of honor who has your back.
4. The second worst kind of wedding guest: the RSVP rebel.
5. And the worst kind of wedding guest: the thunder-stealer.
6. Give yourself a wedding gift: bankruptcy.
7. Pinterest is your best friend and your worst enemy.
8. Not everything will go how you expect. Use force if necessary.
9. Remember: it’s the groom’s day, too.
10. Your wedding day is also the last day you will ever do Crossfit.
11. Weddings will introduce you to all new subjects to fight over.
12. Which is why it’s important to compromise!
13. Find a happy medium, then doubt yourself constantly.
14. Amid all the stress, don’t lose sight of what’s important. Like hard objects.
15. And remember: your wedding is your day. Make it special, however you have to.