Everyone’s familiar with the concept of the midlife crisis. A midlife crisis can happen between age 45 and 65, when a person begins questioning how their life has gone and where their life is going, and inevitably buys an overpriced sports car.
But in recent years, our society has been acknowledging an even earlier milestone: the quarterlife crisis. It’s basically the same thing as a midlife crisis, just earlier. Young adults in a quarterlife crisis will often worry that they’re failing to transition into adulthood and setting themselves up for a lifetime of disappointment. So, instead of worrying that you’ve wasted the best years of your life, you can worry that you’re actively ruining them in real time!
If you’re struggling with a quarterlife crisis of your own, just know that it won’t last forever–pretty soon those feelings will go away, just in time for your midlife crisis to begin. And you won’t waste money on a sports car, because you have none to begin with.
If that didn’t cheer you up, here are 15 Tweets about the quarterlife crisis that definitely will.
1. Welcome to you 20’s. Hope you like crying.
2. You’re finally in charge of your life. Uh oh.
3. First gray hair. First ad for a Chrysler Pacifica.
4. This is how I feel on a good day.
5. The thirtysomething’s version of an Xbox.
6. Your ultimate fantasy? Becoming a shut-in.
7. Ever feel too good about yourself? Just talk to a child!
8. Money is liberating. If only you had some.
9. Oh, did you feel capable? Life would like to have a word with you.
10. Is 2pm an acceptable bedtime? It should be.
11. Signs, signs, everywhere are signs!
12. I might not have climbed Everest, but I have hoisted myself out of a La-Z-Boy.
13. Sometimes there’s no right answer.
14. Feeling overwhelmed? Adjust your expectations.
15. And when all else fails, be like Groot.