All of us probably have a story about our “worst hotel stay” ever. For me, it was on an overnight with my high school debate debate team. In my room, the water was rusty, the sheets were damp somehow, and in the morning, instead of a continental breakfast, they gave us complimentary strep throat.
But even that nightmare pales in comparison with what these poor folks went through. We’re talking a level of bad design and overall sloppiness that makes it impossible to get any rest. The next time you play hotel roulette, pray that you don’t wind up at one of these dumps.
1. When you’re sharing a room with a coworker, this is not the room you want.
2. Actually, that place is a palace compared to this.
3. The only way to make sleeping on a pullout bed worse.
4. A bathroom sink that actively hates you.
5. Hotel tip: get pre-bloodstained curtains to disguise the real blood stains.
6. Some hotels will hang a painting of a still life or a landscape. Other hotels are more ambitious.
7. This is a bigscreen, if you’re six inches tall.
8. If you can’t find your hotel room, check the netherworld.
9. The toilet that gives you a neck strain.
10. Do you think these carpet mushrooms are shiitake or cremini?
11. I’ll take the stairs.
12. The sink that’s encroaching on the shower.
13. Mirror, mirror on the wall. Who built you and what were they smoking?
14. This is actually a great way to stop yourself from reading your phone on the john.
15. Hey, at least it’s cheaper than baby wipes.