Summer is great…when you’re a kid. Sure, anyone can get behind the idea of having a three-month vacation with perfect weather. But as we all become adults, we slowly realize that not only is summer just another season of the year, without a break from our responsibilities–it’s also hot, sticky, buggy, and depending on where you live, hurricane-ey. On top of that, there are no good sports on TV, all the movies are about superheroes, and public places are overrun with pale businesspeople wearing their one pair of cargo shorts.
It’s official: summer is the worst season.
But if you’ve fallen out of love with summertime, at least you’re not alone! Because the folks over at Buzzfeed have compiled this selection of cartoons about the less-than-glamourous parts of summer. At the very least, they’ll give you something to chuckle about as you cling desperately to the air conditioner in your darkened apartment until the calendar hits September.
1. Oh, you wanted to enjoy the summer? A certain virus would like a word with you.
2. Aunt Flo cares little about your “vacation plans.”
3. You will single-handedly keep the sunscreen industry in business.
4. Alternately, you will keep the aloe industry in business.
5. Hold on to your face, because it might melt off.
6. You’ll get trapped in a vicious, sweaty cycle.
7. Horror lurks beneath the surface.
8. This is the only summer fling worth having.
9. The freezer aisle in the grocery store starts reminding you of Antarctica.
10. It’s OK, it’s not like you needed any feeling in your legs.
11. You’ll revise your personal grooming standards. (Or abandon them entirely.)
12. Swimsuit season is also anxiety season.
13. You won’t be comfortable anywhere.
14. Ariel makes it look so easy.
15. Why not bail on summer entirely and hibernate ’til autumn?