We all love our kids, but it’s totally normal to need a break from them once in a while. Unfortunately for parents, summer vacation makes that difficult. Suddenly you and your kids are together all day, every day, barring the occasional reprieve in the form of a play date or summer camp.
It’s the sort of truth that lots of parents are reluctant to admit to, but definitely feel deep down. Which is why it’s the perfect subject for humor! Stephanie Horman is a British Columbia-based mom and content creator Modern Day Wonderland, an Instagram account where she posts hilarious letterbox musings about modern parenting. Now she’s back with a series of photos about summertime parenting blues. (Also seen on Bored Panda.) If you’re struggling with the summer parent blues, these will definitely cheer you up. And then you won’t have to smuggle a box of rosé into your neighborhood swimming pool.
1. Road trips: a special kind of torture.
2. Fewer bikinis, way more diapers.
3. When your poker buddies are single, you have to improvise.
4. Devote time to your hobbies, even if it’s just 3 seconds per day.
5. Pool party!
6. A trip to the beach is also a workout.
7. Getting away from it all.
8. Simplify your life, whether you want to or not.
9. Make sure you take a little vacation for yourself.
10. This road trip is a lot more manageable…
11. …well, sort of.
12. I scream, you scream.
13. Sometimes, summer bites.
h/t: Bored Panda