What would you do for a couple hundred bucks?
Russian man Igor Nazarov got a chance to answer that question when VK.com, (basically the Russian version of Facebook), put out a call for zany photos from its users, with a grand prize of 15,000 rubles ($227 USD). Submitters from all over Eastern Europe sent in their submissions and things quickly got crazy–one man even set himself on fire and photographed it.
Enter, Igor. For his submission, he submerged himself in a swamp, fully clothed, and struck a series of poses that can only be described as “smoldering.” For some of the photos he used sunken office furniture to act out scenes.
Somehow, Igor only came in second place. But he’s first place in our hearts.
Igor never deigned to explain his inspiration for the project. Is it a wry commentary on the drudgery of working life, which sucks us in like a swamp and takes the best part of our lives? Or is there a rule in Russian comedy that swamps=funny? Or am I overthinking this? Part of me doesn’t want to know.
All I want is to be like Igor. Except for the weird swamp viruses he probably got from doing this.
Check out Igor’s work below.
1. Here Igor opens his arms to receive the gift of the muse.
2. Hey, girl.
3. It’s the desk that brings it all together.
4. He’s not afraid of love, or water moccasins.
5. I can’t read Russian but I assume that says “Working hard or hardly working?”
5. Damn it, I HATE when foragers blow up my spot.
6. “Bro! You’re ruining my chance at stardom!”
7. Igor’s not taking the interruption well.
8. “The lack of colors symbolizes my despair.”
9. Igor had to relocate to a lake. It just doesn’t have that same verve.
10. Getting the computer wet is the only way to make Windows run worse! Zing!
h/t: So Bad So Good